Whether you are dealing with departmental growth or succession planning, it's always important to be developing the next wave of leaders in your organization. While there are several strategies to train employees with the knowledge and experience needed to successfully spearhead a team, one of the most effective and rewarding ways to address this situation is through a leadership development mentoring program. Specifically, preparing and training high-potentials in your organization to grow into a leadership position by pairing them with an experienced employee.
Besides harnessing the people you already have in your organization, an in-house leadership development program helps:
- Increase employee engagement and satisfaction
- Boost retention and recruiting efforts
- Provide the attention and training high-potentials need to excel
- Develop meaningful relationships between experienced leaders and those looking to develop new skills
- Allow seasoned employees to give back
Here are five steps to keep in mind when designing a leadership development program to equip your employees with the skills to make an impact on your organization.